Thursday, October 18, 2007

Dialogue from Grade 5

Dialogue

Book: Holes

Characters: Stanley Yelnats and Hector Zeroni.

Narrator: “4 months after they got home from Camp Green Lake.”

Hector: “Hey Stanley.”

“Hi Hector. How are you?” Stanley Questioned.

“Good. How are you?” Hector replied.

Stanley: “I’m fine.”

“Can I ask a favor from you?” Hector mumbled.

Stanley: “Sure. What do you need?”

Hector: “I really want to learn how to play basketball.”

“What got you into basketball all of a sudden?” Stanley said puzzle

Hector: “I watched the NBA and I saw the players do slam dunks, free throws, and dribbling. It interested me so much that I asked the kids at school if I could play. They laughed and called me Zero. If I showed them how good I am then maybe they will allow me to play.”

Stanley: “Sure.”

“Thank you so much! You will not regret it.” Hector cried.

Stanley: “You’re welcome Hector. It is great that you are starting to make friends.”

Hector: “I know, I am not that shy anymore.”

“So, what time should I come?” Asked Stanley.

Hector:” 5:45. You can also come over for supper.”

Stanley: “That would be great.”

Hector: “See you tomorrow.”

Stanley: “Ya. See you tomorrow.”

Hector: “Bye.”

Stanley: “Bye.”

No comments: