Monday, October 22, 2007

Dolphins at sea

I lay on the beach,
looking at the sea,
hot sun beating down at me

I peer up from my sunbrella and see a dolphin
"Its Beautiful" I speak, watching him
swim away, but he comes back as fast as a
racecar and jumps blocking the sun from my tearing eyes

The dolphins flesh wobbles from
his stomach s I look away in disgust
Not wanting to look at it again.

But my head whipped itself looking
back, I looked back at the sea
and I dropped my eyes and glared at the dolphins missing fin

I lay on the beach
looking at the sea,
hot sun beating down at me,

I look at the sea,
as calm as it could be,
waiting for me to peer again

Janine

4 comments:

Aviva said...

Great poem Janine!!
Very meaningful be cause I now you love dolophins!!

Arieh said...

That was a great poem Janine
I liked how you used ryming words

Adam Gelmon said...

I can hear the ocean, Nini!

Thanks for sharing this.

-Mr. G.

Anonymous said...

I love it too
-Liza<3