Wednesday, October 10, 2007

poem response

Bayle September 10, 2007

Maybe Dats Youwr Pwoblem Too
By
Jim Hall

Everybody has problems, even Spiderman!

This poem starts off with the main character of the poem blaming everything on himself. He says that “evwybody’s pwoblems is due to da fact, due to da awful twuth dat I am SPIDERMAN.”

Why do people blame themselves for everything?

When I blame myself I am usually in a really bad mood and most of the time something bad has happened. I feel that all the problems in the world are because of me. I feel like the world is resting on my shoulders.

Now imagine if the world really was resting on your shoulders and you felt like this. Imagine if you had to wake up everyday and save the world, save other people, never have time for yourself and never get a day off. Imagine if you had a routine where you would put on a suit, rush to a crime scene, wrestle a bad guy and know you are going to win, then when you do win tie him up with some rope and take him to the police. Then finally get to go home until you get the next call.

What’s the difference between Spiderman and having a job that you hate, a job where you do the same thing everyday over and over again?

Most people would think that being Spiderman is a great job because you get to get all the glory, everyone loves you and there are even TV shows and comic books about you. Now think about from the other point of view.

This poem shows what it would be like to actually be Spiderman. To do this job everyday.

At the end of the poem it says “you just can’t quit being sometin like SPIDERMAN. You SPIDERMAN for life. Fowever. I can’t even buin my suit. Its’ fwame wesistent.” This means that you can’t quit being yourself. You are yourself forever.

2 comments:

Adam Gelmon said...

Bayle,

You've done an outstanding job here!
I think you've captured exactly what Peter Parker is really thinking on those cold and rainy days when he just doesn't feel like being a hero. Thanks for sharing.

Jonah said...

Good response.I like your line when it said spider mans job looks fun but not on the other side
!!