Sunday, October 14, 2007

Powerful thoughts from Marc L.

What is Prejudice?


Prejudice here, discrimination there. From leaving out the "geek" in your game, to the Holocaust. Both are the same idea, just on different levels. It starts out with a kid telling a racist joke which slowly can lead to fighting, war and or genocide. The consequences of prejudice are that there could be hatred of the group, person or race who pre-judges. Everyone has in some way or another been prejudiced against, and has prejudged others.

In my life I hear prejudice all the time, whether it be on television or on the playground at school. I care for all kinds of people, races and religions. If anyone I know pre-judges someone else, I would do anything possible to stop the bad vibes. Prejudice can cause conflict around me which upsets me. There’s often an unnaturally cold feeling in the air when bad things are said.

So before you go and judge someone else, think what the consequences could be. How would you feel being pre-judged by someone you don’t even know?

Marc L. :) -6A

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much Mr. G.,

It's cool to see some of my writing on the blog!

Marc L.

Jonah said...

Great Respnse. I like how you compared the holocaust. You opinion on Prejudice. From Jonah