Monday, October 15, 2007

Stereotype Response By Jonah

Stereotype

What we have been learning in Tikkun Olam, made me a better person. When I used to look at somebody with tattoos, piercing etc. I would assume that they are bad. But now I learned that looks don’t matter it’s their personality. This lesson made me think of when I used to make mean jokes about other cultures. It seemed funny when it was not about Jews but when it was, then it was hurtful. This lesson affected my life a lot and made me look back at everything that I have done. Like, when I see Arabs I get a weird feeling. I guess what I am trying to say is that there are many stereotypes in the world. No matter how much we want it to stop, we can’t. We can’t change other people’s feelings but you can start by changing your own.

2 comments:

Melzz said...

nice response jonah. i hope alot of people feel the same way.

from melody

Arieh said...

i thought you stated your point in a great way i share the same feelings with you