Sunday, November 25, 2007

My Response on David Greenberg

When you hear you are going to go listen to author for an hour three things come to your mind. 1) BORING! 2) What am I going to do? 3) He probably this old guy who has no way of interacting with the crowd or knows nothing about kids!

Well in this case I thought all those things when Mr. G. told us we were going to see an author. I had already pre-Judged this man to be number three( old guy who has no way of interacting with the crowd or knows nothing about kids! ) was totally wrong!

Mr. Greenberg was the funniest guy I had seen in a long time! Not only did he make me laugh, but he actually taught me some things about being an author myself.

He taught me that you know you are a writer, once you can really care about your own writing. Now when he said this I thought to myself, “Wow, I must be a writer already.” Then once I thought about it for a few minutes, I really understood what Greenberg was trying to say. I think he was trying to teach us that you have to respect your writing and know when to stop writing and when to keep on going. He was trying to put through a message that told us not to just leave your note book in your locker or in your backpack, take it with you in your arms, don’t let the pages get crumpled, treat your writing like you would like someone to treat you!

I know it sounds silly but it true. Who knows how many pages of brilliant writing have gone into the garbage by mistake, crumpled up, ripped, or even simply blown away.

I felt David Greenberg was a creative, funny, Jewish, and a really inspiring man. I think we can all learn something from Mr. Greenberg.

Marc L.

No comments: