Friday, December 7, 2007

Parted With a Friend (Draft 1)

Thanks to all who commented on my last entry, please do the same with this one!
Looking forward to hearing what you all have to say,
Marc L.


words
echo
in my head
as I walk
out of the hallway
in reality

"Injured
Rest
Healing"

three words that I
suspect would be
floating
around my body
for the next year

why me
what did
I do
to deserve this

that Doctor
just took my
identity
away

what am i going
to do
what is my
purpose
now

my team
my soulmates
sharing a
passion that
bound
us together

now that
love
has been
shattered

not only me
but the people
surround me
effected
by this
frustration

a family
tradition
broken

eyes staring at me
in
dismay

searing
agony
hits my body with a
hell-like
pressure
I want to scream

one year
that is too long
for me to be
parted from a
friend

people say things
happen for a
reason

but how can I
beleive that
when all I can think about
are those

studded
shoes

hanging in my room


Thanks,
Marc L.











4 comments:

Nini said...

WOW!!!! That one was just as good as your other one! But better, I thought that when you said something about the doctor stealing your identity I thought that maybe you went for a check-up and you came out with a whole new identity and you didn't know who you were. It made so many mental images I couldn't keep track!(in a good way:). Your work is like a real poets poems. You should sooooo publish that poem in book bindings. I couldn't have come up with anything better or closer to yours!

If I were to summarize everything I just said in 1 sentence I would say
"Wow, I'm speechless, but you probably know what I would say to you."

Good job!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its was amazing.

Nini said...

Also I forgot to say:
When you said "love was shattered" It reminded me of a window with the little sticky pictures and something happened to it when an x-couple came and held hands right in the middle of the heart and the window shattered.

P.S. This comment is only if I didnt read the title and if it was the only stanza by itself.

Arieh said...

Powerful, very powerful i think maybe you should take out the identity part it makes the stanza sound like the bourne movies.
anyways the poem was very good.

Good job. Keep up your creative thinking

-Arieh

Anonymous said...

This is a very good poem! You use a lot of powerful words, not fancy words, but they work! You create strong images. I really like the "studded shoes" at the end. :)

Keep it up.

~Shawna
Grade 12, Lord Byng Secondary.