Sunday, February 3, 2008

Matt's Pesonal conection

Hey everyone!


When I was reading this poem, it really showed me how one can love a dog so much.  
In this poem Joyce Sidman expressed all her feelings not just saying them but putting them into metaphors and sensory images.  Marc l. pointed out a very nice metaphor that described some
thing that was special about the dog.  I think most of you guys have a dog, cat or any type of pet that you love at home.  Well, I have a dog so I can really relate to this poem well.  Because every night my dog is my room and its  a nice feeling.   You might have different traditions you do with your pet but, I think Joyce Sidman wasn't just basing it on a dog, she was  trying to express the feeling of having a pet that you love.

Matty :)

3 comments:

Adam Gelmon said...

Very good, Matt! You've added your own personal interpretation and connection and also touched on a comment by your peer (Marc L.).
Thanks for demonstrating a great discussion technique!

-Mr. G.

Marc L. said...

Thanks you for that personal connection Matty! I really benifited from it, now I know what they mean when they say a dog is a mans (boys) best friend!

Your awsome best friend,
Marc L.

P.S. Thank's for the comment.
P.P.S.You wrote this entry in a very mature manner, Kudo's to you!

Bram said...

Hey Matt,

I liked the fact that you personally connected to the poem. I loved how you mentioned it could be about any pet. I bet you love your dog.

Your fellow student,

Bram S. 6B