Monday, April 7, 2008

Being Blind

Today.

Today we got up early and got ready to leave to the train station. We left the house at about 9:05 something like that. We got on to the train and had a long journey ahead of us. We were in the train for five stops. We were supposed to get off at culon but when we got to the door it started moving. We missed our stop so we had to take another train back. We got out of the train and took a taxi to the Kids Museum. We went to the exebition called" To Be Blind" We were in a group of about seven people. We put our bags away and gave us long red and white sticks. We went inside and inside it was all dark. They said it wasn't scary but it was. We had to use our senses more than ever! We walked and fell and felt and smelt and heard. After 15 min. I got the point and I wanted to leave.
I was so stressed I didn't know where anything was I was really scared. Our leader was always calling our names and we would mostly call mine and my sisters. Everytime we enterd another room it was something else in the world. The forst one was a room of a child. The second was a shook. Then a street with a sidewalk. A park. And last but not least a resturant. In the first four places you had to smell and fell. But in the ladt place you actually had to buy and tell the coins apart, sit down and eat it! When I was drinking my Sprite I felt more relaxed. People asked questions and after that we went back to seeing things.

I really do like seeing things better than being blind. My experiance in this museum Pretending to be blind was fun but I dont want to do it again!

I hope you enjoyed hearing my story. And when you go to Israel maybe you can be blind too!

Love Melody!

1 comment:

Marc L. said...

Wow Mel!

It seems as though you had a crazy experience being blind. I think it is a good way to make people realize how lucky they are to be able to see.

Have fun,

Marc L.