Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Lit Circle

I might not be here at school tomorrow so here is my literary luminary and I will email it to you just in case:

Literary Luminary By Jonah
1. Page 98
Paragraph 2

I picked this passage because I can understand and connect in what Pi is saying on why animals are like humans. They have a lot of paper work and stuff when they have to move from zoo to zoo. It is just like a person moving to a new house or place. I have lived in 3 different homes so far in my lifetime. It takes so long to move because of all our stuff like furniture electronics and other things. You need to have the house inspected and fix up thing sometimes. Moving is not easy but sometimes you just have to do it.


2. Page 107
Paragraph 1

I picked this passage because it sounds like the very sad event of Titanic. When the boat is sinking in the book describes like how Titanic sunk. The boat size in Life Of Pi is just about smaller but it is still big because of all the animals it carries. The book says “Everything was screaming: the sea, the wind, my heart.” That must be the way the people on Titanic and Pi were thinking. I could never be as brave as Pi because knowing I might die and he was so relaxed

3. Page 100
Paragraph 1

I picked this passage because it is funny and I can connect because Pi is from India moving to Canada and he says “were Winnipeggers at heart”. I am like Pi because I lived in Richmond my whole life but most of activities are in Vancouver like school, sports and drums. I feel like a Vancouver at heart.

4. Page 110
Paragraph 3

I can connect to this paragraph because I have memories from six years ago where I went on a cruise and went to lots of places that I will remember. Pi was so thankful to be seeing all the places. Pi sees everything in observation like me.

No comments: