Saturday, November 17, 2007

Social Responsibility

Social responsibility by: Marko FM Stereo typing people is totally wrong it causes hate, wars, suffering ect. It makes people feel like they are total strangers in their own land. That they haven’t lived there for years, decades and more. Like in the holocaust the Jews, Gypsies, handicapped and the African Europeans were convinced that they weren’t good enough for the world.
It is totally discriminating and wrong. But people don’t learn from their mistakes it seems there is a whole new holocaust this time not in Europe, but in Darfur. Many people are being killed because of religion.
I have a personal story of discrimination. My grandfather says that Native Americans are second class and that they aren’t as good as white people while he is half Indian. He doesn’t like to believe the truth and he always fights that his mom was not a Native American. Once he said that he would bring me a picture of her. When he did, he brought a black and white picture. He said “See, she’s white.” My dad told me that she was Native American. My dad tried to find out were his family came from then he asked his god father and he told him that she was Native American. My dad also saw were she grew up in and met his great aunt and she was Native America. When I asked my grandfather how is she white when her sister is Native American he said “But she’s not her sister.” Still to this day my grandfather doesn’t want to accept it. Yet still he tries to show me how great my family was, it’s not the nicest thing to do before saying hello or hi. Instead he says “look my great grandfather was the president of Mexico.” Then I have a huge discussion which I don’t want to have and at the end I just let it go after I tell him that Native Americans are not second class people.
As a consequence of this happening, if I hadn’t talked to my dad I would probably would start disliking Native Americans, and I would start having prejudices towards Native Americans.


THE END

No comments: