Monday, February 4, 2008

Response from Benny

Love That Cat
Response By Benny Freedman

I can’t directly connect to this poem because I don’t have a cat or other pet. I can relate to the speaker because I share the same kind of passion but for different things such as baseball, basketball, and music.
The depth, to which Stoltz loves the way his cat looks and interacts with him, is the same depth to which I experience a deep emotional connection with sports and music. I love the fast pacing of basketball both in the speed of the sport and the way the points climb up quickly. The sound of the ball bouncing on the gleaming hardwood floors keeps me connected to the game. Baseballs strategic plays keep my attention. For example stealing bases and double plays are very exciting. With music, too, I experience a deep connection on many levels for example the intelligence of the solos and how the riffs and verses are so well thought of.

-Benny F.

4 comments:

JaCoB said...

Benny, I think you have great response on the cat poem. You give a personal connection that relates other subjects in your life to this. The response is very detailed and is a good example to others. Thanks



Jacob

Anonymous said...

uBenny,
I thought that you did a great job on this response. You told me about it, but it is so much better when you can read it. I think that your connections and mental pictures are realistic and personal. An example of a conection is when you wrote about how you feel the same way about sports as the speaker in the cat poem does about cats. For mental images I could see 'the ball bouncing on the gleeming floor,' so well! Great work!

Bayle

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sam said...

Way to go Benny. Great response. This is a really good example of what to do when you can't connect to a poem. You had really really good personal connections. I'll definately be referring to this response in the future.

Sam

P.S. Mr. G. owes you big bonus points for this one.