Thursday, January 15, 2009

Canes Enable

Canes Enable
I thought that presentation was very good and to the the point. The speaker Debbie Havusha was very good in enabling people to understand her organization. Personally I learned a lot about what canes can do for people. Debbie taught us about canes and what different canes can do for people. The guest Lawrence taught me many things like how much a prosthetic leg costs to how he can accomplish goals like somebody with two legs.

I learned that canes don’t only stabilize people but also that you can use them for many different ways. We also learned different ways you can move using the letters of the alphabet. Lawrence showed us what he could do with one leg. This gave me a better understanding to how people can adapt to different situations.

I was a bit surprised on how Lawrence was so confident to talk about his leg and his past. People I know would not feel as comfortable talking about their disability in front of a large group of people.

Ways that I would make different places accessible is to make ramps going on top of the stairs. I would also put in a hand rail and if i could an elevator.



Adam Cohen
7B

No comments: