Sunday, May 23, 2010

Why live in Vancouver?


By far, Vancouver is the ideal place to live. I will be writing about the thrilling Vancouver 2010 Olympics, Vancouver’s NHL hockey team, and last but not least, all of Vancouver’s tourist attractions.

First, Vancouver started building the Richmond Olympic Oval. About a year after, the Oval reopened as the major Olympic speed skating Oval where the athletes would compete in. When I first went into the Oval to watch a speed skating event it was huge and thrilling! I think we are a very lucky city to be able to have this arena, not only for skating, but for sports too! If you are a newcomer to Vancouver and you are thinking about moving here, I suggest you check out not only the Richmond Olympic Oval, but the many other Olympic sites.

Whenever you enter the General Moters Place building where the Canucks play, you feel happy and excited. Happy to watch a Canadian hockey game, and excited to watch some goals be scored on the opposite team. Even though we haven't won the Stanley Cup ever, we have gotten close, and we have never give up. The Canucks just look forward to trying even more next year and beating our record.

Now, since I have written about the 2010 Olympics, and the Canucks NHL hockey team, I will be writing about Vancouver's tourist attractions. If you have a love for fresh ingredients, market shopping, and taking a ride on a small, but exciting boat ride, then Granville Island is the place to be! I have always gone there with my dad and my siblings whenever possible. Granville Island is for everyone! Vancouver has very beautiful parks such as Stanley park. Stanley park has a huge forest, lot's of green land, and is a nice park. Stanley park is great for picnics too. Vancouver has many fun beaches like Kitsalano beach. Kitsalano has a nice area for picnics like Stanley park, but a great ocean! Vancouver has other beaches like Jericho, Spanish Bank, and Locarno, but to me nothing beats Kistalano.

I hope my essay on the 2010 Olympics, the mighty Vancouver Canucks, and Vancouver's fun and exciting attractions has helped you a bit on why you should live in Vancouver.

-Carly R.

No comments: