Monday, December 10, 2007

Blaring through
the sides of my face

sweet
rough
hard
electronic

molds my moods
and inspires my soul

distracted from the outside world
in a melodic coma

I am heaven
I am on clouds

flying high into blue
or deep down to red
depends,

allows me to survive
keeps me off the streets

my energy drink
my jolt of life

teaches my brain
about the opposites

I am addicted
it’s so sweet

relaxation hits my body
therapy for my mind

grooving
crying
laughing
smiling
dancing

Blaring Through
the sides of my face,

Music

Marc L.

P.S. You know the drill! (Comments Please) :)

4 comments:

Nini said...

Wow, that was just wow. I thought it was a really deep poem about music. When you said something about molding your feelings or something like that it made me think that at first the poem was about ideas. But then at the end when it said music, it started going up to my poetry and understanding cells in my brain and the whole thing made a lot of more sense. In a way I wasnt able to see as many mental pictures as Ive seen in any of your other poems.

But other wise you did amazing on that poem just like all of your other ones. I think all of your poems meet up to a real poets expectations!

another Job well done marc!
I hope this comment helps:)

-Janine-

Anonymous said...

I love it - Grade 11, Lord Byng Secondary

Nomi said...

To Marc,

I thought this poem was very good. It was deep and meaningful, but could perhaps use more structure. I, personally, like a lot of rhyming, so for me, although this was an extremely good poem, could have been made so much more powerful if you had used more rhyming patterns.
Otherwise, I thought this was a very heartening thing to read and you have the potential to be an amazing writer. Keep up the good work, and read thesauruses. They're very helpful with word choice.

~Nomi, Grade 12, Lord Byng Secondary

Anonymous said...

wow markeeeeeeee!!! i could totally relate to u cause i love music!!!!!!!!!! and i loved how u descriped everthig. just soooooooooooooooo good!!!!!!