Sunday, February 10, 2008

Hangman Response

wow I thought this poem was amazing, Maurice Ogden did an excellent job oF making it sound so real. When i first read it I thought I was actually one of the characters in the poem. Also when the author Ogden used the words the gallows tree I immediately got a sensory image of the a man being hung by a string attached to a high post. Oh at the end of the poem stanzas 4, and in 8 stanza, the character says "I did no more than you let me do." I got so much at of that because each time the hangman hung someone nobody stood up they all kept being nice and he said if you're nice to me I'll hang you. so each someone got hung, at the end that guy did because was the biggest servant of all of them.

I loved how the author used so many sensory images,similes and metaphors. Like when the poet used metaphor "as hangman tallied his bloody score, and sun by sun and night by night, the gallows tree grew monsterous height." I also loved how the author made the poem like a story and kept the rhyme.

1 comment:

Ari said...

Allesha good response,
but try to fix your spelling mistakes and proofread next time.
otherwise good responce!