Sunday, February 10, 2008

response to hangman

When I first read this poem it reminded me of World War 2. It reminded me of world war 2 because when the hangman enterd the city and hung a man, they all thought he was a joke, just what they thought of Hitler. This poem is a long one. It is so layerd, so its difficult to understand the first time you read it. This poem is about a hangman that comes into this little town. The hangman approches a man and hangs him. None of the other villagers stood up to him and tell him to stop, but they ask him who is he you raise the gallows tree, and he replys he who serves me best. The first man he hangs is an alein. This man was not a real alien it was just a foerigner. Then he hung a Jew and then a black so on and so forth until there was only one man left and the hangman. So that night the hangman asked the one man to help him take down the gallows tree, but tricks him into hanging him but before the man dies he asks him why are you hanging me? "Not I for answerd straight and i told you true the scaffhold was raised for none but you! You served me faithfully. And before you knew it he hung the man. This poem is a rhyming poem and it has four parts.

Melody

No comments: