Sunday, February 10, 2008

"The Hangman" - response by Shakaed

The poem “Hangman” reminded me of World War 2 because at the beginning the hangman hung one man and all the townspeople thought he was a joke and would stop after one night. That is the same as Hitler because at the beginning everybody thought he was a joke and would never get elected. Guess they were wrong, huh?

I think the most important line in the poem was “I did no more than you let me do”. Which I think means that if the speaker would have stood up for all the people who had been murdered by the Hangman then he would’ve stopped. But I think that maybe no one stood up because they were afraid that they would get hung. I think that some one should’ve stood up because you should do what you think is right even though it may involve sacrifice.

-Shakaed

No comments: