Monday, February 11, 2008

Hangman Response

The poem “The Hangman” was not my favorite poem. Even though it was filled with metaphors, similes and sensory images the topic of this poem is not really something I would want to read if I had the choice. But then I realized the moral of the poem was what really mattered.

I thought this poem was a great example of how people quickly become powerful and that we have to act before it gets any bigger. Kind of like Hitler, the Jews thought that he was not going to do any harm at first but soon enough he killed six million people. Just like the hangman in the poem, the people were told he was hanging people to test something out bout soon enough he had hanged half the city.

The whole idea of this poem was just amazing. It really makes me think more about my past and how those six million Jews died. It really shows how lucky we are to be living like we do. Maurice Ogden shows that by not caring about what is happening sometimes leads to big consequences.

No comments: