Monday, February 11, 2008

Hangman Response


Hangman Response

Hangman was sometimes hard to follow because there was so much going on, you had to read it a few times to understand what the poem was about, but after three times of reading it I knew what the poem was about. Hangman reminded me of World War II because hangman came into a new city and hung a man. Then he hung a Jew a black person the town people didn’t care they thought it was a joke. People thought Hitler was a joke and he isn’t going to do anything but in the end he killed lots of Jewish people. The town people were bystanders because they didn’t say anything to the hangman about him killing people. The most powerful line in the poem to me was “ I did no more than you let me do”.
I saw many sensory images here are some of them “Smelling of gold and blood flame” “We passed those eyes of buckshot lead.” “Then a twinkle grew in his buckshot eye”.
The author put the poem into chapter. There were 4 chapters. The poem was also a rhyming poem.

By Sharon

No comments: