Monday, March 15, 2010

Leor's Reflections On Our Writing Unit

As our writing unit started I was thinking to myself "We all know how to write stories, It's not that hard", But as we continued I realized "There is allot to learn about writing that I didn't know before". I learned how to write effective leads that grabs the reader, I learned how to proofread my writing with proper punctuation marks, I learned how to use Sensory Language properly in a sentence, I learned the rules of Dialogue. I learned how to organize my story so that it will have a clear beginning, middle, and end and most importantly I learned how to make an effective conclusion to leave the reader wanting more. We also read stories that had mistakes in all these 6 categories so that we will know what not do to. After our writing unit I definitely feel that I am a writing expert!

No comments: