Monday, March 15, 2010

Jamie's Reflections!

What I learned by writing the twisted fairytales was how to use the six traits of writing effectively and efficiently.
I learned how to write a lead effectively because now I can write a lead that grabs a reader and makes people want to read my story. I learned how to use conventions effectively because now I can make proper sentences that actually make sense and don’t make the reader stop and have to figure out how to read it. I learned how to use dialogue effectively because I can now write dialogue and make it interesting and use all of the rules of dialogue. I learned how to use sensory language because now I can write a story that is interesting and captivating by using interesting and captivating words such as “She ran as fast as she could, panting and sweating, she stumbled upon a protruding root.” I learned how to organize my story and be smoother than before, also for it to make more sense to the reader. I learned how to write and effective conclusion and close the story with a “BANG!” instead of a “slosh…”

No comments: