Monday, March 15, 2010

My Reflections

Reflections

By Gil Ashkenazy 6B

Effective leads draw the reader into the story. The beginning of a story usually makes or breaks whether people will read it.

“I learned a lot of skills about writing dialogue,” expressed Gil. “It’s easier than I thought it would be.”

Did you know that a paragraph is not just a random collection of sentences? It is actually a group of sentences that relate to the same idea. A paragraph is like a container that contains one idea. It usually has a topic sentence and a conclusion. Five to seven sentences make up an ideal paragraph. I learned the value of sensory images. For example, I could see the pale blue sky, smell the fresh aroma of cinnamon buns, feel the mud between my toes and I could hear the birds chirping while I was writing my story. Learning about fairy tale breakdown is an important part of learning to write fairy tales. Writing fractured fairy tales is an interesting process.

No comments: