Friday, May 21, 2010

Dani's colored Essay

Mrs. Hinskie was a teacher of mine in third grade at Bormblume Solomen Shecter School. She was one of my most memorable teacher. She looked like no other teacher and her personality was the same. When she taught you, you knew you would never forget the material or the look on her face when you finally got it right. She was my favorite and most memorable teacher and in this essay I will explain.


Mrs. Hinskie had a way of dressing that no other teacher could pull off. She always wore either silk shawls and jeans or a nice shirt and gauchos. But of courses with turquoise cowboy boots. She had thin red hair that was always at her shoulders and some bangs. She had very pale skin with freckles and a tattoo on her ankle. She was in a car crash before my family knew her and she didn't have there fingers on her right hand. Most people would stare but I just was so used to it I didn't even notice. She could pull off just about anything with her style and personality.

With her personality some people would say mean but those were the people who didn't know her. She have a very dry sens of humor and was strict sometimes but not unless you were on her bad side. She was very accomplished and was proud of it. But most of all she was feisty. To this day I can see her arguing about how she should be able to wear jeans. Her personality was unique just like her teaching.

Mrs. Hinskie's teaching method was different than all of the other teachers in all of my schools. When you read a book you took a A.R. test and you would get points. To get a good grade you needed many points. That's were the prizes come in. If you were in the top three points you got a prize. Darleen is Mrs. Hinskie's dog who would sit in a chair in the back of the room . Darleen was a teaching tool when you got something right you could take care of her for an amount of time. We the class would try to be the best so we could take care of Darleen. She would reward us with different objects and activities like the prize box, Darleen, and art.

Mrs. Hinskie was a great teacher and friend she was kind, humorous and strong headed. Those are the qualities that I love about her. She dresses like no other teacher and I have never had a teacher who teaches quit like her, and I don't think I ever will.



No comments: