Saturday, May 22, 2010

My Simple Essay

My Indecisiveness Essay

I find that it can be very hard for me to make decisions at times. Usually I cannot make up my mind because I keep finding positive reasons about all the things I am deciding between. I get frustrated when I cannot make up my mind and people are pressuring me. I discovered that all this indecisiveness business began with my great, great, great grandpa Joe. Clearly, I am a very indecisive person.

When it comes down to making decisions, I find there are positives to everything, which make decisions very hard to make. Like, for example, yesterday I was trying to decide whether or not I should choose my favorite teacher for the subject of my essay, or my favorite place. I kept finding positive reasons for both subjects making decisiveness impossible. In the end, I did not choose either of them. Finally, I chose this topic - my indecisiveness.

I get frustrated when I cannot make up my mind. It is like my body is fighting itself. The frustration increases when people start pressuring me. When they pressure me to make a decision, it influences my decision and I do not like the feeling in my body when that happens.

I was talking with my mother yesterday and I discovered that my family has a long history of ancestors who are indecisive. It started with my great, great, great, grandpa Joe. He was trying to decide which chicken farmer to purchase chickens from. All of one farmer’s chickens were cheap and ‘crappy’ while the other farmer’s chickens were expensive and good quality. For some reason it took him a very long time – months in fact – to make his choice. In the end, he bought the cheap and ‘crappy’ chickens. When he ate the chicken, he got serious food poisoning and died on spot. So it has passed that every single generation after him got disease of indecisiveness. All the way down to me.

As you can see, I am truly indecisiveness. I get frustrated when I can’t make decisions and I know where I got my indecisiveness. Sometimes I wonder what it would be like if I didn’t have to carry that burden on my back.

-Josha R.

No comments: