Saturday, October 13, 2007

Digestion poem from grade 5

I get chowed down by these great big teeth.
I wonder what the’ll do to me.
They might make me easier to digest.
Too find what’s next go down to the chest.

Next is saliva all wet & gross.
All you need is a dose.
To clean your teeth & make them shine.
By the way they contain enzyme.

What’s next is the esophagus.
All slimy & disgusting.
A big muscle that squeezes food.
Now I know as do you.

I jump into a swimming pool of hydrochloric acid.
There’s plenty of antacid.
I exit the stomach slowly.
Although I still have quite a journey.

In the small intestine all the good stuff comes out of me.
Collected by these bumps called villi .
But still my journey is not done.
There’s much more fun to come.

I get the water sucked out of me.
All that water becomes pee.
But the rest continues on.
So turn on the fan.

Kerplop is the sound I here.
My brother has come very near.
He entered at his own risk.
Then I let one rip.

1 comment:

Jonah said...

Nice Digestion Poem. I like your ending so much. It was funny.

From Jonah