Saturday, October 13, 2007

Poetry Response: Valentine for Ernest Mann

This poem was a free verse poem with one line break. Another very interesting thing about this poem is that the stanza went short long short long... Lastly, there are 5 stanzas not including the last line.

I am almost sure that Naomi Shihab is a very nice person to make a poem for a person that she doesn't even know. I would probably say I don't even know you so why should I waste my time on you especially if I was slightly famous.

My favorite part of the poem is when the man says "I thought they had such beautiful eyes." My interpretation for that sentence is that even though something or someone my be stinky or something like that they can still be beautiful. For example if you dont say or ask anything in class you could still be smart.

2 comments:

Nini said...

Your response was really good and I liked how you said your interpetation of the poem:)

Nini

Jonah said...

Excellent poem response Jacob keep up the good work