Monday, December 17, 2007

Morning, Agust 8th, 2007 (final draft)

Hey guys this is miy final draft of my thank-you poem so i hope you like it!


At 9:07 you call my name
Because you know I’ll want pancakes
For an early morning start
Even though I’m still in bed

At 9:32 you’ve taken out the trash
Fed Freddy put in a load of laundry
And I’m still in bed
Too tired to get up

By 9:45 you’ve got me out of bed and dressed
So we can have some bonding time
While we make pancakes together
You are always so thoughtful

At 10:26 you go to the garden
To pick some fruit and veggies
You ask me to help
I say yes immediately and bring the baskets

At 11:00 we’ve picked four baskets of fruits and veggies
I start wrapping them up to go
Down to the fridge for the winter to come
Even though I’m working I’m still glad to be with you

By 11:19 I’ve made some lemonade
For the two of us
I asked you if I could go sell it
But you said Sam and I should sell jam instead

At 11:33 you’ve helped us pack up
And now we’re off
But I want to stay
And help you instead

At 12:00 it’s time for a grilled cheese please with extra cheese
We sit down together and look at each other
Then we burst out in laughter
For no good reason

By 3:30 our hard work is done
And it’s time to have some fun
You start getting mancala while I get some drinks
After we finish setting up
I realize there’s something missing
So I lean over the board
And give you a great big hug
And whisper “thanks”

Thx Fanny (feel free to give advice)

4 comments:

Nini said...

Fanny, I really love it. I think that your nanny is going to like it so much and shes going to be so proud of you too. Your lucky to hve someone like her and shes lucky to have someone like you.:)
Good Job!!!
I went from . . To . .
v U
(first one good, second one amazing!)

~Nini~

Anonymous said...

Nini:

Thank you for the commment but i don't get the line after good job?

Shak-Shak said...

Good Job, Fanny! Your poem really shows the close connection between you and your nanny. I liked how in the title you said a specific date. I also liked how you wrote the poem in the order of the day. You've done an amazing job on your poem!

Shak-Shak

Anonymous said...

I liked how you didn't give away the topic of the poem and you had alot of really good sensory images!
outstanding job fanny!
-adi-