Monday, December 17, 2007

Thank You poem

I am sharing my thank you poem with you. It is an elegy to my Grammy.

Those Friday Afternoons

Those Friday afternoons
After school
Every week
I miss you

I miss the Granville island trips to the market to buy some fresh wild salmon for dinner
I miss the buttery smell of eggies on toast
I miss you

I miss the sweet aroma of when you bake a honey cake for desert
I miss the long seaside walks
I miss you

I remember
That night
That dew on the window type of February night
I saw you in your room

For the last time

I miss the Granville island trips,
And the eggies on toast,
And the sweet aroma of when you bake a honey cake,
And the long seaside walks but
More than anything else

I miss you

-Bram

p.s.: You may not see any line breaks, but there was some. I think it has something to do with the computer.

No comments: