Monday, May 12, 2008

National Council of Jewish Women

The NCJW is an organization that does many programs that help people such as: books for kids, operation dress up, wellness program, kosher meals on wheels, Jewish book fair and many more. I am personally volunteering for books for kids.
Books for kids is a program that collects used books that are in good condition. It gives them to kids in schools who don’t have enough money to buy their own books.
I chose this organization because it is a really good cause. In our class we get to read for 25 minutes each day and I think it must be really horrible for kids not to have books to read. I also chose this program because I can really connect to it because the children who I am giving the books to are my age.
Kids can support this organization by donating books they no longer read. They can also put their time and effort into volunteering to help sort and deliver the books to the schools in need. They can also help by raising awareness about this program.

Adam S.

No comments: