Monday, January 5, 2009

My Bat Mitzvah in Israel

About one week ago I had my Bat Mitzvah party in Israel. It was held at my grandma and grandpa’s house. It was only for my family, but with my dad’s five sisters, my mom's two brothers, their kids, and all the cousins, it turned out to be about seventy-five people :). The Bat mitzvah was really fun.

It rained all week before the party and there was no way we could fit seventy-five people inside the house. We called someone to make a rooftop over the backyard so we could go outside but not get wet. After it rained all of Thursday night, finally the sun came out on Friday for my party.

In the bat mitzvah there was a slideshow I made. I only knew I was making a slideshow the week of the bat mitzvah. For three days of the week of the Bat Mitzvah I was working really hard on the slideshow. Because we were away from home, we didn't have all of my pictures. I therefore used pictures that my mom had on her laptop and I also looked through pictures that my parents mailed my grandparents over the years and scanned them. In the end, all of my work paid off, because the slideshow worked out great :).

It was so nice to celebrate my Bat Mitzvah in Israel with my family.

I hope all of you had fun in the winter break!

Shakaed

No comments: