Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Practically Triplets

The poem Practically Triplets reminded me of when I was little with my brother and sister. I remember that I always used to do everything with them and copy whatever they did. If they were doing something crazy I would always do the same. Now I'm not with them as much and if they do something, I don't try and copy it anymore, I go my own separate way. It's like in the poem because now that the friends are older, they went different ways.

Poetic Devices I found:

Metaphors:
- "The only way to separate us would be a long and painful surgery." This means that they were such good friends that they thought that nothing could get in between them.
-"Practically triplets."

Sensory Images:
- "Your tiny, stylish bikinis."
- "Green flowered suit."
- "Starry background."
- "Crayon faces."


Danny G.

No comments: