Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Sam's Thoughts on Practically Triplets

Sensory images:


1, “a long and painful surgery” (line 6) - I could feel how painful the separation would be 


2, “Now, when you see me, you won’t even glance my way.” (lines 7-8) - I can see a girl purposely ignoring another girl, and I can imagine the other girl’s sadness.


3, “Tiny, stylish bikinis” (line 10) - I can see a group of fashion obsessed cocky girls.


“The shoe flinging game” (line 17) - I can almost hear the three girls laughing and giggling.


“Our crayon faces, mismatched and lopsided, looked nothing like our real ones.” (lines 30 - 32) - I can almost smell the crayon and see the the lopsided faces.


Line structure:


A lot of short, power lines like: 


“We were practically triplets,

 so close.” (lines 2 - 3 and 39 - 40)


and


“I stay underwater

so you won’t laugh at me.” (lines 14 - 15)


Stanzas:


Every stanza is close in size, expect for the last two.  They seem to be fading off like the girls’ relationship did.


Each stanza deals with a different time.


-Sam

No comments: