Monday, May 11, 2009

The giver journal

I would think that the ideal personality traits for someone who lives in the giver society would have to be a follower. Everyone is very close to being exactly the same and a ‘perfect’ person. If they are not like the other children, adults or elders they will get released and no longer be part of the community. I think that some of the most useful traits in this society that we don’t always have is truth and politeness. Some of the bad traits would be like no asking questions and no being unique. In the society all it is is a strict schedule for the day. There is only a little way for being unique in this matter.

In this society I would probably not fit in very well. I only lie when I have to and I like to ask many questions about everything. If my best friend was being released I wouldn’t just stand there and watch him or her be released into who knows where. I would stand up and tell them to not release my friend. For this act I would probably be released. The other part I don’t like about this society is the dream and feeling sharing with your family. As we grow we get different thoughts and dreams that are usually better to keep to ourselves. 


-Janine-

No comments: