Monday, May 11, 2009

Journal Question

In the “Giver Society” you must act a certain way or else you may be in risk of getting released. I think it is dumb that everyone must be the same and follow a strict set of rules. When everyone acts the same, it results in a boring society where there is no free speech or individuality. Some traits that I have realized in the society so far are oblivious, unsophisticated, accepting, unaware, gullible, wise, polite, obedient, honest and similar. All these traits are the key to be successful in the giver society, but in a normal society these traits could sometimes lead you to bad situations.

I think my traits would not go together well with the giver society in some cases and in others they would. I am a very independent thinker and like to share my own opinion one things. In the giver society, this is no allowed and you must obey all rules. In other words, you do not have any say towards anything. I am also very questioning and I like to learn more through my questions. In the giver society you are not allowed to ask questions as a normal person. On the other hand, I am an honest person and am happy to tell someone how a feel. In the giver society, this is important during the “sharing feelings” or “dream telling” activities.

No comments: