Monday, May 11, 2009

Giver Questions

In the Giver society every one must have the same personality traits or else they would get released. No one is the exact same but I think everyone in the society acts very similar. The traits that I have noticed in the society that are similar are that they are oblivious, gullible, following, conforming, unsophisticated, average, truthful, polite, accepting, bliss and similar. I think that some of these traits are good to have but also it is not always the best to be completely accepting and following.

In the society of the Giver I think my traits would fit in alright. Unless the society was proposing something outrageous I would probably follow and not argue. In the society the people who enforce rules are highly respected so I would probably follow and respect them and not give them a hard time. The thing that would not work for me is I am a quiet and secretive person so I would not want to share my feelings every night with my family. I would probably refuse and get into trouble with the society. I find it weird how they are so open with each other but the people living in the community probably think it is normal because they would not know otherwise. 

No comments: