Tuesday, May 13, 2008

My Tikkun Olam Summary

JFSA

 

I picked the JFSA. Founded in 1936, is a non-profit social service organization, which helps the Jewish community of the lower mainland. They provide items that are useful for Jews. They help Jews any way they can. They help over 7000 people annually.

 

They help Jews with what they need, and help the less unfortunate Jews. It is a good resource for Jews that need financial aid or if you are a senior. They help children and find people jobs.

 

I chose JFSA because I wanted to help someone that I could relate to. I also know

 people whom they have helped, and seen how they treated them. It shows me how they help, so I want to be a part of it.

 

There are many ways of volunteering at JFSA. Such as Administration Support, Friendly visitors, JFSA Board Member, Shopping Assistance, Special events, and Transportation services. You could also raise awareness or raise money.

 

 

 

Thanks For Reading!!! JaCoB

No comments: