Tuesday, May 13, 2008

U.B.C. Farm at the University of British Columbia

The main purpose of the farm is to keep and re-create existing farm and forest lands at the University of British Columbia into an internationally important center for agriculture, forestry and food systems that can be self sufficient.

I chose this organization because I think it is important to keep our earth, living and healthy. I also enjoy getting dirty, using my hands and working hard.

Young people like me can support U.B.C. Farms by going there and either planting and/or picking the crops rather than just donating money. This is how the organization builds a strong, local community.

I can make a difference, by proving that doing helpful deeds can make the world a more enriched and healthy place to live.

The class may be interested to know, that every Saturday from June 4th to September 24th, between 9am and 1pm the U.B.C. Farm holds a market where one can buy 60 different types of produce that has been grown on their land.

Marc L. 6A

No comments: