Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Jamie's Polished Sensory Image Paragraph

Finally! The airplane is taking off, I’m going to Israel. The deafening noise of the engines was making my teeth rattle in my head and my seat vibrates, I felt as if there was an earthquake made just for me! Suddenly, the airplane tipped and dived, there was a huge grey storm cloud right ahead of us! It looked like a big puffy pompom, but very solid. After I got a glimpse of the cloud, I didn’t see any more, just the ground coming, very fast, up towards us.
The thing that woke me up was the foul smell of burning rubber and metal. I could see bubble forming in the paint that was cracking. I couldn’t believe it, I was the only one there! Where did everyone go?
I sat up sweating, my heart pounding in my chest like a hammer on nails. I was stuck in a large cocoon and couldn’t get out. I wasn’t on the airplane anymore but I was still hearing the noise, what was going on? Finally I understood, it was just a dream! It was the rumbling of the storm that made me think of an airplane, I also felt the vibrations because, well, there was an earthquake! I just woke up from a nightmare, only to find myself in another one!

1 comment:

Gil said...

awesome paragraph Jamie.