Tuesday, January 26, 2010

My Sensory Image Paragraphs

There was a huge, raging storm. The cold rain felt like it was slapping me in the face. The piercing noise from the thunder and flashing light from the lightening sent goose bumps down my spine. We needed to get to land. We needed to get somewhere safe. The boat was quickly filling up with water. My worst fears came to life; the boat tipped over shooting my entire family into the frigid water, leaving them to get swept away by the sea.

I thought I had died. When I finally noticed I was somehow still alive, I opened my eyes but my pupils were still dilated and all I could see was the faintest outline of a person. A person? Yes! I was saved! My family was alive – they saved me. When my vision finally cleared up, I realized I was terribly wrong. It wasn’t someone from my family, as I had hoped. I stared in disbelief at the person or should I say, being. This was no ordinary person. It had the head and body of a fish and the legs of a human. It was standing over me and, honestly, I thought it was going to eat me. Then the fish creature whispered in a horse, rigid voice, “Hey sleeping beauty.” I just sat there in shock. My eyes bulged and my mouth dropped at the sight that was before me.

No comments: