Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Bye Bye Big Birdie

"Oh my!" Elmo gasped.
It was the thanks giving dinner and everyone was in a state of surprise, but Count was eying the main course hungrily.
"Me rather have some cookies..." muttered Cookie Monster.
"Isn't that?"
"No! It couldn't be!" whispered Ernie and Bert.
A feather and headless bird was lying on the serving platter. A big bird.
"Elmo's not eating Big Bird!" Elmo announced.
No one could believe it! Who would commit this awful murder? Count didn't seem to mind, though. He was already nibbling on a big orange foot.
"Umm, was there a mistake here?" I peeped.
I was late, though listening outside the door in my little garbage can. I finally dared to walk in, because all i had seen was a little glimpse of the room.
"Oscar!" everyone hollered in unison.
"Yes...?" I muttered, my eyed glued to the black and rusty bottom of my garbage can.
"You! You did this!" shrieked Elmo.
The whole room started whispering around me, I caught little bits of:
"Always was such a grouch!" from around Ernie and Bert, and
"Unbelievable!" from Elmo.
Finally, I can't take it anymore,
"Alright! Alright! Everyone calm down, I didn't kill Big Bird! But I will admit that I captured him, so someone else could,"
Everyone gasped around me.
"It was Count!" I confess.
"What!?" Count bellowed from across the room,
"I may have taken him from you, but kill him? Never!!"
"It was me" a little voice said from inside the kitchen. "I killed him he slapped me really hard, just yesterday, I was so aggravated, and we had nothing to eat for thanksgiving!"
No one knew who it was, until Grover popped out.
"No way!" even I shouted that along with everyone, this time!
I couldn't believe it, that little Grover, committing murder? Well there must be some really good reason to go that fir, I thought, and Grover seemed to be reading my mind because he said
"I didn't know what else to do with that unusually huge turkey!"
"But," Elmo responded "Big Bird wasn't a turkey, he was just a Big Bird!"
"Big Bird? Who said anything about Big Bird? Hes was in there, preparing the meal with me!"
"Then, who is that?" Count, Elmo, and I said in unison.
"That? That's just a gigantic chicken from the farm next door!"
"Hi, everyone, sorry I'm so late, I was just working on the dessert, I hope everyone likes the turkey!" Big Bird stuck his huge feathery head out from the kitchen.
"Big Bird???" everyone shouted.
"Yes?" he replied.
"Your alive! Not on the plate! Oh, Big Bird!!" Elmo rushed to Big Bird to give him a big, Elmo like hug.
"Yes, I guess I am alive!" responded Big Bird.
Finally we could all eat our yummy thanksgiving dinner in peace! But I must say, I think old Granny Grouch's garbage stuffed turkey is a whole lot better than that! Oh, well, there's always next year!

No comments: