Monday, February 22, 2010

little black dress - Draft #1

Little black dress

Once upon a time there lived a girl who was dearly loved by everybody especially by her grandmother. Her grandmother gave her everything she desired. So one day she asked for a little black dress and of course she got it. She loved that little black dress so much that she never removed it off her skinny, little body; so she was always went by ‘’Little black dress.’’
One day her mother gave her money and said ‘’ Come here, little black dress. Please take this money and go to the mall and get grandma groceries because she is getting to old to get them on her own. Make sure you stay on the yellow trail and make sure you dress very warmly with a hat, scarf, mitts and a jacket’’
‘’Okay mother. I will go right now’’ said the young girl
So little black dress got her coat and winter clothing and headed to the mall. When she arrived at the mall she started walking on the path as her mother instructed her to. Then she started getting very humid and starts dripping with sweat all over the dusty mall floor. So she takes off her hat, mitts and scarf and stuffed in her pockets.
When she arrived at the grocery store she took a minute to look for her grandma’s favourite fruits and vegetables. When she found them she paid the money that her mother gave her. while she was walking out off the store some dirty looking stranger jumped out at her.
The stranger said ‘’ hey little girl you know there is a candy store right over that is selling free candy just for today’’ said the disgusting looking stranger.
‘’ Ummm....... I don’t know if I should. My told me not to leave the yellow trail’’ said the little girl
‘’Garbage, you know this candy is amazing. You would really be missing out on the amazing delight of free candy’’ he said eagerly
‘’ I guess I can come right back to the path after I get some’’
‘’ that’s the spirit come with me’’ he said happily
After she got loads of candy she can’t find the yellow trail. And is worried that maybe just maybe she was lost in the mall. Then she starts crying so hard, she started stuffing and stuffing tissues in her coat pocket.
The crook says to himself ‘’ This is my best plan yet. This girl looks like she has tons of valuables in her pocket because of all the stuff that is bulging from her pocket. This is going to be easy. All I have to do is follow her home and just take everything away from her and just run.’’
But what little black dress doesn’t know is that the crook is following her. So she starts wondering, looking for a ray of sunshine because that is a sign that there is a way out of here. So finally she sees that ray of sun shine. She walks out and starts heading in the direction of her grandma’s house.
When she arrives at her grandma’s house she knocks on the door three times then she heard a voice ‘’ Who is it’’ said her grandma
‘’Its little black dress; your granddaughter’’
‘’Come in’’ she said in a quiet voice
So little black dress walks in the door and walks right up to the grandma’s bed. She hands her grandma the groceries. Then they heard another knock on the door.
‘’Who is it’’ said the grandma wondrously
‘’ little black dress. I’m here with your groceries
‘’but you can’t be little black dress because she is right here beside me’’ said the grandma confused
Well anyway the person opened the door and walks right in. It was the guy that told her about the candy and distracted her off the trail. ‘’why are you here’’ said the little girl ‘’I am here to collect all of those things in your pocket; all those valuables’’ Then little black dress gave him a confused look.
Then someone else came in from the door. It was the mail man ‘’ what’s going on here, what is a total stranger doing in your house grandma’’ ‘’I don’t know who he is’’ said the grandma in a confused look. ‘’ little black dress do you know him’’ said the mailman. ‘’Ya I saw him at the mall’’
‘’Mr what do you want from these innocent people’’
‘’I want that stash in the little girls pocket’’ said the crook anxiously
‘’ there is nothing in my pockets’’ said the little girl confused
‘’then what is bulging from your pocket’’ Then the little girl took out everything in her pocket. All there was was watery tissues and her hat, mitts and scarf.
‘’that is what you have in your pocket. That’s what I have been following you for all day. Shoot I wasn’t supposed to say that’’ said the crook
‘’ I am going to have to take you with me’’ said the mail man happily ‘’ don’t worry little black dress I am just going to take him to the police, well see you next time’’ ‘’ thank you for helping me, if it wasn’t for you he might have kidnapped me’’ ‘’Your welcome’’

9 comments:

Eleane said...

GOOD JOB! I really liked the twist!!!!!!!!!!
JUst a few corrections:

while she was walking out off the store some dirty looking stranger jumped out at her.

OF NOT OFF

Another is:

‘’ hey little girl you know there is a candy store right over that is selling free candy just for today’’ said the disgusting looking stranger.
‘’ Ummm....... I don’t know if I should. My told me not to leave the yellow trail’’ said the little girl

RIGHT OVER THERE
MY WHAT?

And a few others but otherwise GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!

Isobel said...

Great job ma'ayan! I loved the twist, but I could still tell it was like little red riding hood (that's good)! I thought you did a good job of incorporating modern problems! And how the moral of the story is really important.
-Isobel :)

Josha said...

GREAT JOB MAAYAN!!!!!!!! loved the twist !!!! But you did have some tiny tiny mistakes. Other than that it was great!!!!!!

-Josha

Hana said...

aI really enjoyed how you twisted your story! I love how you changed from little red riding hood to the 'little black dress'
I think your final draft will be very fun to read :)
-hana

Leor said...

really amazing job!!
you used a lot of sensory language
and it was very interesting!!
i cant wait to read your final draft :)

Rachel said...

REALLY LIKED IT!!!

just fix some mistakes.

rachel

Rachel said...

REALLY LIKED IT!!!

just fix some mistakes.

rachel

Eleane said...

I also LOVED the conclusion!!!!!!!

Adi said...

Dear Ma'ayan,
Your story had a very effective lead. It grabed me and also had a very original and effective title. It had an excelent use of dialouge, and proper use of it. Your story had very few mistakes. Your sensory laguage was very well and your story was very well organized.
Good job!
-Adi