Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Big Bird

I sat down at our Thanksgiving table; the tempting aroma from the kitchen filled my nose. Then Ernie, Bert, Count and Oscar the Grouch came storming into the living room.

"Is the feast ready yet? I'm starving!" exclaimed Ernie as he took a seat in front of me.

"Cookie Monster is almost done with the meal," I answered, "he said it was a surprise!"

"Oh, I hope its turkey!" whispered Count.

Suddenly Cookie Monster came dashing out of the kitchen.

"Everyone, close your eyes, I'm bringing in the meal!" he shrieked. We closed our eyes and prepared ourselves for the certainly delicious meal. I heard Cookie Monster's heavy footsteps as he came closer.

"You can look now!" cried the Cookie Monster as he unveiled the dish from its silver cover. And there, I saw Big Bird on the large silver plate.

"What happened to Big Bird, what did you do?" I asked astonished.

"Well, I was going to prepare turkey, but there were no left at the store. So I thought about Big Bird. Of course, I didn't want to be vulgar or disrespectful, so I told him that I would like to have him for dinner and that it would be excellent if he could bring some of his friends so that he wouldn't be lonely," explained the Cookie Monster naturally.

We all looked at him with shock. Our eyes were wide and our jaws dropped.

"Lonely?" Oscar the Grouch repeated, breaking the odd silence.

"Well, yes. I didn't want him to be lonely in the oven, he got to spent forty minutes at four hundred Celsius with his best buds!" said the Cookie Monster, "Daniel the Duck and Peter the Pigeon are cooling down in the kitchen,"

Count came up to the Cookie Monster and murmured.

"If you are serving our dear friend, Big Bird for Thanksgiving, then does that mean that you are serving me for Halloween?"

"Yes, and Bert will be served on Christmas. And I will find a time to cook Oscar, Ernie and Elmo too!" the Cookie Monster yelled. The others glanced at each other and rushed screaming out of the door, and left me alone with the serial killer.

"I still can't believe you cooked Big Bird," I said.

"Tell me about it. It was practically impossible to stuff him!" the Cookie Monster replied.

"Yah. Well even though you may have murdered my friend here, you still won't touch me!" I answered, picking up the butcher knife and brandishing it to the Cookie Monster. But he looked suspiciously at me and lifted an eyebrow, and before I knew it, I was shrieking in terror and racing for the door. I left the Cookie Monster with his Thanksgiving dinner.

No comments: