Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Bye Bye Big Bird :(

You’ll never believe what happened at yesterday’s Thanksgiving meal.

Well, I, Elmo, will tell you.

Okay, I was preparing for out Thanksgiving feast. It was at my house. I was so excited! Bert, Ernie, Count, Oscar, and The Cookie Monster were all coming!

I had so many delicious dishes like, roast beef, turkey, chicken, and a special Cookie Delight for The Cookie Monster.

“La La La LaLa,” I sang to myself as I pulled out the turkey from the oven. “Mmm! Smell’s d-e-l-i-s-h!”

‘Ding Dong,’ the doorbell rang.

“Yes,” I said as I skipped to open the door. “They’re here!”

“Hello, Elmo!” Count says.

“Hi, Count!” I smiled. “Did you bring your ‘surprise’?”

“Yes!” he remembered. “Right here!”

Count went out of the room, and brought in a big covered dish. He pushed the red-and-white checkered cart into the dining room.

‘Ding Dong,’ the doorbell rang. “Everyone has arrived!” Elmo jumped up and down.

First, Bert and Ernie come in.

“Hey Elmo,” Bert said as he waved. “Something smells…different.”

Count striked up, “Oh! That’s my wonderful surprise!”

“Aww,” Ernie moaned. “I hate surprises! Please tell?!”

“No, No, No,” Count smiled. “I will not tell anyone! It’s a surprise!”

‘Ding Dong’ the Cookie Monster walks in.

“COOKIES! I SMELL COOKIE DELIGHT! Mmm!” the Cookie Monster dashes into the kitchen, and runs back out, “Oh, and hey Elmo!”

“Hi,” I replied.

“Let’s start eating,” the Cookie Monster said as he chewed on a chocolate chip cookie. “I’m starving!”

We all say down at the checkered table. Ernie, Bert, Count, and Oscar (who wasn’t here) sat down on the far side. Cookie Monster and I sat on the other. Everyone took their seats and as I said, “Dig in, everyone!”, the Cookie Monster dug his big, furry hands into the Cookie Delight.

As everyone chewed, Count coughed and clinked his glass.

“May I have your attention please,” said Count as he stood up. “I present to you…” count lifted up the giant, silver, shiny lid, “My surprise!” and there it was. A big, big bird with yellow feathers, sautéed in a grey and light brown gravy.

“W-what is that?!” cried Ernie.

“That is the surprise! Roasted Big Bird!” count grinned and showed off his sharp, long, pointy teeth.

“You KILLED Big Bird?!?” elmo yelled.

“Uh, yeah,” Count sat down. “You know, I never really liked that yellow big bird.”

“I can’t believe you’d do such a thing,” cried The Cookie Monster. “Cmon’, Bert, Ernie, Oscar, let’s go!” They all put on their jackets and scattered out the door.

It was silent. Count was just sitting there, happy, with a nice big grin on his face.

“Aren’t you going to go now?!” I yelled and glared at Count. “Look what you’ve done! You murdered Big Bird!” I cried. “Leave! And take that horrible dish with you!”

Count left the house without even a ‘Sorry’.

Well, that’s how my Thanksgiving dinner was. All the rest of my friends here at Sesame Street all miss our big yellow-feathered friend.

R.I.P. Big Bird

No comments: