Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Giant Wave

It was a terribly windy night in Kauai. I was out for dinner with my family and I was eating Hawaiian pizza with pineapple and no ham. After we paid we went to the suite and got ready for bed at 10:30. At 1 am my sisters and I heard the waves getting louder and louder. We looked out the window and saw a humongous wave. It was as tall as our hotel. We woke our parents up and told them to look out the window. We all ran to the window and my parents fainted in shock. I called the front desk and told them about the huge wave. The man was shocked too and he called everyone to warn them about the wave. We all packed our bags quickly as did all the guests at the hotel. The waves were smashing and crashing over the beach and I heard children crying and screaming. We got on the bus and rushed to the airport. Everybody got on the plane and we flew back to Vancouver safely.

1 comment:

Isobel said...

That was a great paragraph! Lots of good sensory language!
-Isobel :)