Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Sensory Image Paragraph

I will always remember that day. It was a normal day. Me and my family were hiking and it was raining. There was also thunder and occasionally a flash of lightning. I remember a taste of true fear that day. We had stopped for lunch and since I was done I went over to the icy little creek. I remember the soft green moss. Everything by the creek was so peaceful. Until I saw its huge, hulking shape. It was crouched over a bloody figure not 300 meters away. I began to step away, but a dry twig snapped. The creature looked up. I recognized it's lean shape. Recognized it as a cougar. To this day I still remember when it looked into my eyes. I will never forget those cold, hard, black eyes. My gaze dropped from its eyes to its bloodstained mouth. I tried so hard not to look on the ground. I didn't want to see its victim. I still looked. I screamed. Beneath the cougar, there were the bodies of my friends, family, everyone I knew and cared about.... The cougar opened its mouth, let out a roar and leapt for my throat. Suddenly I woke up in my bed. I calmed myself by letting myself look at my sky-blue ceiling. Just a dream I told myself. Just a dream. Before I drifted off, I swore I heard something roar. The same roar that to this day, I cannot forget.

No comments: