Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Sensory Paragraph

On a gloomy and sinister day I was strolling towards the busy city square when I felt a light drizzle upon my head. I ignored it and raced to the large, long brick bridge that joined my street to the city square. The drizzle got heavier and a sudden burst of water came down, I heard a distant rumble and saw the lightning. All of the sudden, the bridge started to tremble. My heart leaped and I gasped in horror as I saw a few bricks fall into the water with a loud splash. I felt the ground shaking, I knew I was trapped. Without thinking twice I plunged into the glacial water. As I grasped for breath I swam to the edge of the river, where the water was shallow. There I shivered and listened to the frightened people running in panic, Their hasty footsteps on the nearby streets made a click clack sound on the pavement. I gazed at the bridge as it collapsed into the water. All that remained on the surface of the water where bricks, and one or two dead bodies buried under the ruins. I had never witnessed an earthquake and storm before, it was more horrifying that I could have ever imagined. My clothes and my hair where damp, I covered my head in my hands and started to sob. The rain, thunder and lightning had abruptly ceased and I was left weeping and sniffing alone. After this disaster, the last thing I expected came, the sun had come out. It's rays shone on me and I rose from my spot.-Salome

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good job!! It sounded terrible and I'm glad I wasn't there to have that happen to me.

Rina